25 desember 2007

A South African christmas

Well, since I am in a country where the majority speaks English and my written english has gotten better than my Norwegian....and my friends in Windhoek want's to read something understandable this piece is first in English with a little Norwegian at the end.

When I woke up yesterday I just couldn't believe that it was Christmas. I saw the date on my cellphone and that was believable enough but there was no feeling of Christmas. The day started of with a thunderstorm, heavy rain and wind. The roof in our room was leaking and I was singing carols. "Have your self a merry little chirstmas", "So this is christmas", "I belive in St.Claus", "Silent night" and so on. Every one at the hostel was looking at me as if I were a crazy one who had that much christmasspirit. Monica and I went down to the waterfront to get a lite lunch, listened to a concert, went on and had a drink before we found another concert. The dinner was excellent and since I'm not to found of the Norwegian food on christmas it was a feast. I had a bad hour of homesickness around five o'clock but it passed. So if someone ask me if I had a good christmas the answer is: The 24th and 25th of december was great, but it wasn't christmas!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Eg savne dåkkår! Kom hjem t meg snart! =)
Ha ein fine romjul ;)
Klem!